11.16.2005

Two More...

To guard the gates of Heaven. God has seen fit to recruit two more Marines to stand watch at the Gates of Heaven.

This would normally not bear mentioning on my blog. Forgive my callousness, but harping on every mishap and death in the United States Armed Forces would just wear me to a frazzle. I deeply admire and respect all who serve, and all who have served. They stand and fight for the rest of us. Were I not a poor physical specimen, I would be standing proudly next to the men and women who fight each day to see free people triumph over tyranny.

We were told the horrible news on Monday morning. LCpl. Christopher M. McCrackin's mother did not come into work, and her supervisor passed the word through the branch. In the short time we have known her, Mrs. McCrackin has shown what a kind and friendly person she truly is. I can only assume correctly that she passed her traits down to her children. We at the bank accept this loss as if it were one of our own, and we pray that the McCrackin's are comforted by the knowledge that their son is a true American Hero.

Lance Corporal Christopher M. McCrackin, 20
Liverpool, Texas
Battalion Landing Team 2nd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit, I Marine Expeditionary Force
Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Semper Fi

No comments: