10.05.2006

Just A Little Bit More

The weight is not progressing like I thought it would. Well, stands to reason, I ain't on the bike like the last major weight loss I had. Procrastination happens when you are a potentially lazy shiite like me. Days are shorter and it is sometimes harder to get out of bed in the AM, so bike riding has been put on the back burner. A co-worker has been picking on me to join her for a SEAL PT workout group that meets by the Froot Loop in Memorial Park. Unfortunately, they run over a mile, and unless I'm chased, I don't like running for the stress it puts on my knees and ankles.

I'll be able to ride this Sunday. Weather looks to be nice that AM and I plan on getting my usual 30 miles to Downtown and back. I need to get the bike inspected and put it back on my trainer, too. Since Swede wakes up at Gawd's hour (5a.m.) to do her workout, I feel shamed into doing the same and riding my trainer at that time. If she can put in 45 minutes of cardio at Oh-Dark Thirty, so can I.

The house hunt continues. We have a nice 3/2/2 in our sights and negotiations are about to commence on final repairs and amendments. All the inspectors agree that the house is in great shape. General inspection found no problems with the foundation. There was less than 3/4" negative deviation in the slab. Overall, it was level and there were no signs of major problems. No holes in the roof, leaks in the plumbing, or termites in the walls.

The termite inspector is the same guy who used to service the house before the current owners. He knew for a fact that there was treatment done, but not for an active termite problem. Nice to know we have that going for us. Seeing as he knew the history of our home and that he is familiar with the area, I will plan on calling him back when we need extermination done.

Our electrician gave us some fairly good news. This house has only one main electrical problem, the service panel. It is an old panel that needs to be updated. They don't make this panel anymore, and there are some problems with it, too. The electrician quoted us a fair rate on upgrading to a 200A panel with a main circuit breaker and new meter loop. He'll also reroute the service from the utility pole to the house so it is less likely to disconnect if a tree falls on it or something.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. We have until Monday afternoon to hear back from the sellers. They could easily say no, and we'd be up a creek with a big decision to make. I really like this house. It has all the right factors for us: size, lot, schools, neighborhood, low crime, clear fields of fire, exfiltration routes, granite counters, walk-in closets...you name it. I really don't want to walk away from this house. We'll see how it goes.

Keep us in your thoughts, guys!

Shooter out

2 comments:

AlanDP said...

I don't really need to lose weight, maybe a little but not much, but I've been trying to avoid soft drinks also, for what it's worth.

It's hard to go without a mid-day zap of caffiene, though.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get your house.
We're rooting for you.