Courtesy of Hammer
Link back to him and let him know if you participated. No need to tag anyone else.
Here's what I'd do if I win the big jackpot lottery.
1. What would be the very first thing you would do? Clear my debts, pay off the mortgage, and call my financial adviser.
2. Where would you choose to live? A big lot in Piney Point (upscale Houston neighborhood). Preferably up to five acres if I can swing it. Need to have room for the toys. Swede and I will have a nice summer cottage in Sweden, too. Someplace on the water. Probably the archipelago near where her parents keep their boat. We'll also have a beach house on Galveston. Gotta have a place to launch that beach catamaran from and drink rum while watching the sunset.
3. What kind of house would you live in? Multi-level custom built. Rustic design. Not log cabin rustic, but Texas limestone and wood beams. Think south Texas farm house, but on a bigger scale.
4. What kind of car would you buy? what car wouldn't I buy? I'd end up buying a pickup. I'll spend my money on a Cessna instead.
5. Where would you vacation? I've always dreamed about flying cross country in a Cessna. Camp in the mountains of Colorado, land on some beach on the Gulf Coast and fish for reds and speckled trout, take my wife to dinner...in New Orleans.
Better yet, we'll spend months at a time touring Europe and points further east.
6. Would you have anything on your body fixed? Time to hire that personal trainer. Need to fix the belly.
7. What kind of hobbies would you engage in? Shooting: Competitive, hunting, reloading, Class III, collecting. Cycling: working on obscure bikes like Xavier, century bike rides, MS150. Flying: Get my pilot's license, own a couple of small planes (Piper Cub, Cessna 182, Diamond Twin), fly all over. Photography: Buy some ridiculously expensive digital SLR and a bunch of lenses, sell pretty photos at obscure art festivals. Knifemaking: Learn how to make knives in a forge setting. Always wanted to do that!
8. What charities would you donate to? I'd set up a scholarship fund for my high school. I'll also set one up for my college alma mater if they bring back the Rifle Team. I'll donate to the Stevens and Pruett Ranch for Children and Animals. I'll also donate to 2A and RKBA causes. That's just for starters.
9. Would you give money to your relatives? My sisters, parents, and in-laws will all get a nice check in the mail. No questions asked. One time deal. Everyone else can go pound sand.
10.Would you run away from your current life? Naw. I like my life.
11. Would you continue to work? Probably become a house-husband. I've always wanted to build a blacksmith forge and make custom knives. I'd spend time travelling and learning how to do that from scratch. I'll stay at my current position long enough to wrap up loose ends and get them a new replacement. Wouldn't be fair to walk away from the company I'm with without doing so.
12. Would the money change you in any way? When does money not change someone?
An Ode to the EMS Whacker
4 weeks ago