3.31.2011

My New Tattoo

Should read: "Permanently F&*#ed!" Yet another department sent me their "F*&# You" letter yesterday. I knew it was coming, but let it get to me anyway. The obvious clue that I wasn't getting hired was that only one (1) of the crew I tested with was hired, then three weeks later the PD posted another test date. The second clue was that none of my references called me, and no one from my current employ told me of any phone calls or inquiries. It sucks. Here I am in the midst of one of the worst economic downturns in memory, and I can't even find a decent job shuttling pizza. No one is hiring. Of the 98-someodd different agencies in the area, most are laying off people. 150 Constable Deputies were let go from Precinct 4 in the last two weeks. Some in the middle of good arrests (DWI, Family Violence, Felonies). It's just gonna keep getting harder and harder for me to find a job. I'm gonna have to get a real full-time position somewhere else for the time being. Security, armored car, digging ditches...whatever to pay bills. My wife and I cannot go any further on her salary alone. I'd love to hear from MattG or Lawdog and see if they could part with any advice I might not have heard yet. "Maverick, what's the name of that truck driving school we saw on t.v. again? Truck Masters?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New to your blog - have you considered DPS? Academy is a PITA but...you get paid during...