My demeanor has changed. I'm more relaxed. Charged with energy and higher self-esteem. Right now, I'm so new to Crossfit that I soak up all there is to know about it. I'm full of questions, thirsting for knowledge.
Crossfit has made me rethink my goals for the year. I pay more attention to them and have been working towards them eagerly this past month. Not just the physical, but work goals, personal and family, too.
Here's what I want by December:
- Lose weight. I'm 265# today. The goal is to lose a minimum of 5 pounds every month until December. I should be at or below 235# by Christmas. This will be achieved through diet and exercise. We all know the exercise. Starting next month, I plan to ramp that up with my coach's help. I'm trying the Paleo diet now. Meat, veggies, fruit. No dairy, grains or processed food. I don't know if I can be a strict Paleo eater. There will be a small bit of processed foods, and some dairy. Hey! I'm Italian. Gotta have some pasta and pizza from time to time. This also means cutting out drive thru (which I have been very good at this month) and sodas. I'm down to one large soda a day. Should be eliminated by August.
- Develop Skills. Crossfit has a lot of different skills to learn. I'm familiar with all of them, but a master of none. I can get the occasional double under with a jump rope. I can even kip a pull up without using a band. Rope climb is gonna take a little more practice, but I'll get there. First thing's first! I will master double unders. Next is pullups. Those are two skills most used in the box.
- Increase max weights on Oly lifts. This will come with time obviously. I know my benchmarks. Ideally, I want body weight on ALL lifts by December. My goal is higher. I want 300+ lbs. on squats, deadlift (already there!), and bench press. I will continue steady progress on all others.
- Police Work. I will have completed all online training for my TCLEOSE Intermediate Certification. That leaves all class work and time in service left. I will also take advantage of all in-service training offered.
- Financial. Reduce my debt to zero (less mortgage). Build a savings 'rainy day' fund. Discipline myself to avoid unnecessary spending and waste. Use extra jobs to build up financial reserves.