4.02.2008

Been Busy

Been real busy of late. Wouldn't even know where to begin.

Happy to say that Swede is doing very well, and so is the Belly Biscuit (as we've named our yet unborn). With about four months to go before our lives change for the better, we have made arrangements and are working on building out the baby's room. Let me tell ya, registering at the local Tot Spot Shop was a headache that a stiff drink couldn't cure. My Gawd and lil' demons! There is a lot of crap that we have to get. And don't even get me started on how many diapers we registered for.

All that aside, I still can't get over myself when Biscuit kicks in the womb. Something unbelievable in that tiny movement. Swede will sometimes text me when Biscuit is being particularly active when she's at work. I only have to read that and smile. My day gets better when that happens.

I almost got shot at the range last night. The usual suspects were gathered during our Tactical Tuesday class. I was talking with one and he mentioned his twins are due a month after mine. So, being the classy goober I am, I uttered words probably never heard inside a gun range: "You know, we should schedule a playdate!" If looks could kill.... I don't care who you are, that was funny right there.

Swede's shower is in May around Mother's Day. Thankfully, it coincides with a 3-gun match out at Impact Zone. That is something that I FINALLY got to do a couple weeks back. Placed 11th out of 24 souls. I was one of 3 running a .308 (PTR 91kf). The other two were running FALs that failed pushing them back to the back of the pack. I was pleasantly surprised that I did so well. Even had a couple of monster X-ring hits that I wish I could have taken home to frame. Not too bad for a rank noob. The next one is in two weeks, and I plan on being there. Probably need to get a better shottie, though. Ran a friend's Norinco 12 gauge that was hell on the cheek. Something about cheap chicom manufacture that just doesn't sit well with me. But hey, I can't complain. Where else can I dress up in my I.G. Joe commando gear and play army man?!

Definitely have pics for you next time. I'll see if I can get some pics of the Belly Biscuit, too. I'm threatening to take a pic of Swede when she's walking around the house barefoot, but that may be tempting the fates right now.

No comments: