3.12.2009

Forward March!

Second time is the charm today, baby!

I cleared the Physical Agility Test for HPD this morning. Went in bright and early and ran it cold. Skipped my morning PT workout with the group hoping that would be to my benefit. It helped. It also helped that I was in better shape. I wasn't as winded after this run. I also cleared the sit-ups without problem. And, yes, I didn't trip over the wall this time!

I ran the stairs in 13.35 seconds. The 800' run was done in 1:10, and I did the push-ups and sit-ups in 1:30. It really is easier than it looks. I let my mind and body get in the way last time. This was really easy for me. Now, I just have to get my 1.5 mile run time down.

This is where my recruiter and I part ways. From here, I go on to the polygraph exam, medical/psych, and drug screen. After I clear poly, the Background Investigator picks up my file packet and starts questioning my neighbors and friends about my past history. This is where my nerves really kick in. Not that I'm worried about my past, but worried about what others will say about me. We'll see where it goes.

This is going to be a long couple of months. If all goes well I should be in the May academy class. This whole time, I thought I'd be headed to the June class. Nice to know that things are speeding up.

1 comment:

none said...

Good luck with everything!