6.27.2012

2 Steps Forward...

One Step BACK...

Ow.

Must've torqued my back on Monday's lifting exercises.  Not feeling the love today.  Had a DNF (did not finish) on the WOD today. 

Knew something was wrong when we worked on the GHD machine.  I'll take it easy tomorrow and try again on Friday.  Hopefully there'll be some improvement by then.

Weight
265

Warm Up
400m run
4 rounds of
15 wall ball
15 abmat sit ups

Skill
GHD machine
Ab extensions and back extensions
This is where I started feeling the pain. 

Weight Training
Squat Cleans
1 rep max at 95#
Could've gone 115, but opted to protect the back today.

WOD
.357 Magnum
AMRAP 12min
3 Squat Cleans (95/65) *I did at 75#, Swede did hers at 65#
5 Front Squats
7 Lateral Burpees
Run 50m

I could only finish 2 rounds before I had to stop.  The back just wasn't feeling right.  I'll keep working on core strength.  That's about the only thing I can do to protect the back.  

No comments: